The Cameroon Urban Music Awards, CUMA, has recently been delegated to handle to ‘take over’ concept.
Established in 2011, CUMA serves as the lone music industry service provider for the urban music industry in Cameroon and the work of Cameroonian artists. It successfully organized a richly-attended awards ceremony the same year of its inception.
The take over concept was initiated on July 1st this year at the BlueMOON Cameroon office in Buea, during what could be referred to as A CUMA general assembly. It elaborates a strategy to create a movement that would provide space for Cameroon urban music to ‘take over’ the streets, clubs and media. The concept is a brainchild of one of Cameroon’s urban music prides, West Don. He returned to Cameroon after his sojourn in Nigeria, with lots of ambition and inspiration to grow his home industry like he saw it done in the Diaspora.
During the second CUMA meeting which took place this August 14th, the following resolutions were arrived at, pertaining to the ‘take over’ concept:
1) These artists are required to pay the sum of 10.000 FRS and 25.000 FRS for home based and Diaspora artists respectively, as annual registration, membership fee and contributions for the “TAKEOVER CONCEPT”.
2) Artists who have successfully completed the above modalities should submit 2 of their hit songs for an aggressive promo.
3) CUMA requested that all artists having high definition videos should kindly submit these videos at the CUMA secretariat for possible free media placements.
4) For more detailed information, contact the CUMA secretariat at the BLUEMOON office, UB junction, Molyko, Buea.
TEL – (00237) 79 17 03 27.
5) Next meeting slated to hold on the 30th of August 2013 at the BlueMOON office, UB junction, Molyko- Buea, 4 pm prompt. All stakeholders are invited to be there.